July 2012 Newsletter
Want to get this newsletter via email? Join our email list.
School Stars August 6, 2012!
ICSAZ’s Education Is Focused On:
- Fostering internationally-minded students through greater understanding and acceptance of other people and cultures.
- Developing trilingual proficiency as a means to cultivating greater opportunities for global interactions.
- Cultivating knowledge, inquiry, and empathy in young people.
- Empowering critical thinkers to be prepared for college and beyond.
IB Middle Years Programme: Curriculum Area of Interation
The International Baccalaureate (IB) offers high quality programmes of international education o a worldwide community of schools. There are more than 900,000 IB students in over 140 countries.
The five areas of interaction are:
- Aapproaches to learning
- Community and service
- Human ingenuity
- Health and social education
These provide the main focus for developing the connections between he disciplines, so that students will learn to see knowledge as an interrelated, coherent whole.
More particularly, the five areas of interaction:
- Are embedded in the subjects and developed naturally through them.
- Provide both an organization and an extension of learning within and across the subjects, through the exploration of real-life issues.
- Inspire special activities and interdisciplinary projects.
- Form part of the framework for student inquiry and take investigative learning further than subject boundaries.
- Are a vehicle for refining conceptual understanding through different perspectives.
- Guide reflection and lead from knowledge to thoughtful action.
Watch these videos for more information:
IB Learner Profile 2011
Education for a Better World: the IB Middle Years Programme
Open House: June 8, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Office Hours Every Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location and directions
Governing Board Meeting: Wednesday, July 25, 4 p.m. (location to be announced)
After-School Options at ICSAZ
JSK TaeKwonDo lessons: Students learn focus, respect, self control, self discipline and self defense.
AZ Sunrays gymnastics and dance lessons: Classes will be held for gymnastics and dance one to two days a week. More information to come.